The SprintCon is the pre-conference of the Twenty-First International Conference on Grey Literature (GL21).
We build upon the experience of writing and refining Wikibooks, participating and facilitating Book Sprints, and creating other kind of open knowledge resources for many different purposes and audiences. We value individuals and interactions. Sometimes, we need to finish a software documentation or a high school textbook chapter in time. Sometimes we need to combine the collective wisdom of a group of experts in one resource. We believe that many can draw from these experiences, and work together in cultivating and furthering the toolset of agile practices in book writing and other varieties of open knowledge creation. So let’s gather and learn from each other - how we create resources collaboratively, how we finish them speedily and how to continuously make them better. If you want to learn actively, share experiences, and participate in growing our knowledge production skills together, then this convention is for you!
Date: October 21, 2019 in Hannover
Venue: TIB - Leibniz Information Centre for Science and Technology
- Lambert Heller (TIB)
- Barbara Rühling (Book Sprints Ltd)
- Barbara K Fischer (GND4C, Deutsche Nationalbibliothek)
- Stephan Kulla (Serlo Education e.V.)
The conference will be held in English.
- June 24 - August 4, 2019: Registration Request
- August 21, 2019: Notification of participants
- October 21, 2019: The SprintCon (at TIB, Hannover)
- October 22-23, 2019: GL21 Conference (at Leibnizhaus, Hannover)